Karachi based studios ‘Rematch Studios’ have literally taken our breath away with their upcoming Virtual reality game ‘Area of Darkness: Sentinel’. Developed entirely in Pakistan, the game uses the Unreal Engine with fully voiced characters and astounding graphics.
The game was recently revealed by the studio with a teaser trailer showcasing what the game is all about. It is being developed for PC and consoles and will require HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, or Windows VR headsets to play.
Here’s what the steam page of Area of Darkness: Sentinel says about the game.
Area of Darkness: Sentinel is a psychological thriller/adventure game that offers you a uniquely immersive cinematic VR experience like no other. Set in 1978, you’ll play as Dr Anne Evans on her journey from New York to the iconic Sentinel Islands; one of the few remaining places in the world untouched by modern civilization; a true area of darkness. Along the way, you’ll encounter a cast of intriguing characters and creatures, uncover harrowing mysteries and fight for your very survival.
Rematch studio is aiming for a Feb 2019 release as per the game’s steam page release date.
Features of Area of Darkness: Sentinel
The steam page of the game describes Area of Darkness: Sentinel an action adventure game having gore, and violence. Once the game is released, you’ll be able to experience the following:
- Play as archaeologist Dr. Anne Evans in the faithfully-recreated 1970’s game world
- Immerse yourself in the truly cinematic experience with its 135-page script and decisions that affect the storyline and multiple endings
- Breathtaking locations to explore: from an upstate New York mansion to millennia-old tombs on the Sentinel Islands
- Experience thrilling, life-like set pieces built from the group up for VR, including the sensation of parachuting from a plane at 30,000 feet!
- Interact with a vibrant cast of characters that all play an essential role in the unfolding mystery
- Fight supernatural creatures using the intuitive, motion-based combat system
- Solve unique puzzles using a variety of techniques such as controller motion, item combining, physics-based throwing, and environmental manipulation
- Collect dozens of fully voiced journal entries, telling an exciting sub-narrative of those who came before…
- Fully motion-captured scenes choreographed using professional actors and voice actors, with animation created by an Emmy-nominated Animation Director
- Full body view (no floating hands here) and a physical inventory system (without the need to navigate through menus) allows for total VR immersion
- Smooth VR-optimized movement and rotation options mean no motion sickness!
- Cinematic movement and rotation options for the VR Purists out there – feel the intensity!
About Rematch studios
Rematch Studios is a video game development studio based in Karachi, Pakistan. It is the first studio from Pakistan coming out with a virtual reality game that is fully voiced acted.
Rematch studios is a part of Adamjee Tech Ventures and their aim is to provide video games with a strong vision with emphasis on creativity and innovation.
We’re really looking forward for Area of Darkness: Sentinel when it releases next month. Be sure to follow their social media profile for updates.