Apple has just released an update to iOS 12 which fixes several little issues that plagued the users of its newest phones iPhone XS and XS Max. The new update, iOS 12.0.1 update is now available to download. Simply head to Settings > General > software update on your iPhone to get it.
The update will immediately fix one of the biggest issues found on the iPhone XS and XS Max that revolves around weak Wi-Fi reception and issues with charging the phone.
The issue people were facing was that their iPhone would not recognize a lightning cable until the phone was unlocked. This has now been fixed.
The update will also fix and improve several other issues on the phone. If you have been facing a problem with browsing on your phone, especially viewing Facebook in Pakistan and experienced extremely slow performance, now you can rest assured that things will be back to normal.
The new update is specifically targetting the issue of weak reception in iPhones. The slow internet was not a cause of internet service provider, it was in fact caused by a small bug in iOS.
Updating your phone will effectively fix the slow internet issue if you have been facing one in Pakistan.
Full Release notes
iOS 12.0.1 includes bug fixes and improvements for your iPhone or iPad. This update:
- Fixes an issue where some iPhone XS devices do not immediately charge when connected to a Lightning cable
- Resolves an issue that could cause iPhone XS devices to rejoin a Wi-Fi network at 2.4 GHz instead of 5 GHz
- Restores the original position of the “.?123” key on the iPad keyboard
- Fixes an issue where subtitles may not appear in some video apps
- Addresses an issue where Bluetooth could become unavailable
- For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222