The Formula Student UK 2018, Europe’s most established educational engineering competition has concluded and the awards have been distributed.
Pakistan’s first all-girl from NUST ‘Team-Auj’ was one of the participants out of hundreds from across the world. The team won the RACE TECH magazine’s spirit of Formula Student Award.
The team was cheered with a standing ovation in the award ceremony for being the first ever all-girl team in the Formula Student UK’s history.
Who is Team-Auj
The all-girl team from NUST comprise of 15 talented young girls. Among them are Harim Akhtar, Hanadi Hayat, Aatrah Rauf Shaikh, Sabah Zaman, Laiba Rodyna, Hira Ejaz, Wardah Jamal, Minahil Malik, Fatima Sohail, and Azka Athar.
To read more about each team member, check out our previous coverage.
The winners of Formula Student UK 2018
The awards were distributed amongst the various teams taking part in the competition. Although the list of winners is huge, we present to you the awards which were the most important in the competition.
- Mercedes-AMG HPP Best Powertrain Installation of an Internal Combustion Engine by Università degli Studi di Roma “La Sapienza”
- Mercedes-AMG HPP Best High Voltage Powertrain Implementation by KTH – Royal Institute of Technology
- ExxonMobil Innovation Award by Edith Cowan University
- Bosch Best Engineered Brake System by Università degli Studi di Roma “La Sapienza”
- PTC Smart Car Award by University of Liverpool
- RaceCar Engineering Engagement, Outreach and Communications Award by Queen’s University Belfast
- Craig Dawson Award – Most Valuable Team Member by Maria Rubi Oxford Brookes University
- The RACE TECH Magazine Spirit of Formula Student Award by National University of Science and Technology
- Formula Student Outstanding Contribution Award by Dan Jones
- Fastest Egress by KTH – Royal Institute of Technology
- Class 1 Acceleration Winner by TU Munich
- Class 1 Skidpad Winner by TU Munich
- Class 2 Business Plan Presentation by University of Liverpool
- Class 2 Cost and Manufacturing by University of Bath
- Class 2 Engineering Design by University of Thessaly
- Class 2 Overall Winners by University of Bath