Pakistan Railways has just relaunched the Mehran Express train service between Karachi to Mirpurkhas via Hyderabad a rack of 10 coaches. The renovation of Mehran Express began last year and was originally scheduled to be relaunched in February 2018.
However, due to small technical reasons, the launch was delayed till April and now the first train from this service successfully completed its journey from Karachi to Mirpurkhas where it was also inaugurated.
As part of the relaunch, the coaches of the train have been fully renovated with new seats, curtains, beds, and toilets. The outer region of the train has been repainted as well.
The Mehran Express was discontinued in 2007 when unknown armed persons had damaged the bogies and other properties associated with this route.
Fares of Mehran Express 2018
Mehran Express is now fully operational with new timings and fares for summer 2018. Here are the new rates announced by Railway Pakistan for this route.
- Karachi to Kotri – RS. 200
- Karachi to Haidrabad – RS. 200
- Karachi to Tandojam – RS. 240
- Karachi to Tando AllahYar- Rs. 250
- Karachi to Mirpurkhas – RS. 300
- Mirpurkhas to Hyderabad – RS. 100
- Mirpurkhas to Kotri – RS. 140
- Mirpurkhas to Landi – RS. 260
- Mirpurkhas to Karachi Cantt – RS. 300
- Mirpurkhas to Karachi City – RS. 300
Timings of Mehran Express 2018
The Mehran Express will leave from Karachi at 3:25 PM every day arriving in Mirpurkhas at 9:35 PM. From Mirpurkhas it will leave at 5:00 PM every day arriving in Karachi at 10:00 PM.