The Capital Development Authority has a launched a grand operation against illegal buildings being constructed in Islamabad. The authority raided as many as 7 under construction buildings in the Sector E-11 of Islamabad on Wednesday and sealed them.
According to an official statement by the CDA, the seven buildings have been sealed as a part of a new operation being conducted with the help of Building Control Sector (BCS) department. A couple of high ranking officers personally visited these locations with Islamabad police to halt construction.
Here are the 7 buildings that have been sealed in just 2 days of the operation.
1. CAPITAL RESIDENTIA 8 towers of 16 storeys under construction building.
2.Two towers of MAKKAH TOWERS of 12 storeys under construction.
3. FENERINIA RESIDENTIA tower 8 storey under construction building.
4. MADINA TOWER 8 storeys under constructions building
5. UMAIR RESIDENTIA 8 Storeys building
6. MARGALLA RESENTIA which was under construction at basement level
7. Extension of KHUDADAD HEIGHTS
For the illegal buildings, CDA had already released a notice to warn the public against buildings that are being constructed without the approval of the authority.
CDA’s operation against illegal buildings and encroachments
The Capital Development Authority started their operation against encroachments in Islamabad not too long ago. In the past couple of weeks, however, the operation has been accelerated with CDA rapidly bringing down encroachments set up by businesses in Islamabad including Marriot Hotel, The Centaurus Mall, and Gerry’s in G-9 Markaz.