Guinness Book of World Records has just approved another one of Ahmad Amin Bodla martial arts world records. For those of you unfamiliar with Bodla, he is a 5 times Guinness World Record Holder, 2nd DAN Black Belt Holder in Taekwondo and a karate instructor in Pakistan.
Bodla’s latest record is ‘most knuckle push ups wearing 40lbs weight on back’. The record has been approved by Guinness World Records with 24 reps. The minimum target to set record was 15 reps.
Bodla is still keen on improving this record. He says that he will practice a few more weeks or months to beat his own record and move up to 50 reps.
He also aims to break another 20 world records this year.
This isn’t the first time he has made a world record. Bodla is very well known in the United States for breaking many tough records for both Guinness Book of World Records and National Records in the U.S.
His records include:
Guinness Approved records
- On 21 October 2012, Ahmad smashed the Guinness World Record for Most Martial Arts Kicks in 3 minutes with 616 strikes in presence of officials from GWR. The previous record was 616 kicks by Master Ahmad Hussain(Pakistan).This was Bodla’s first official entry into the Guinness World Records.
- On 24 August 2013, Ahmad Amin Bodla reclaimed his world record of Most Martial Arts Kicks in three minutes by striking 783 kicks. The record at that time stood at 620 kicks by Sidhu Kshetri (INDIA).
- On 3 March 2014, Ahmad Amin Bodla broke the world record for Most Martial Arts Kicks in one minute with 355 strikes. The previous record stood at 335 by Raul Meza(USA).This record is officially held by Bodla presently.
- On 9 March 2014, Bodla broke the Guinness World Record for Most Martial Arts Kicks in one hour with 6970 strikes. The previous record stood at 4344 kicks by Jayanth Reddy(INDIA).This record is officially held by Bodla presently.
- On 25 August 2014, Ahmad Amin Bodla attempted the world record for the most full contact knee strikes in one minute. This was a new category and the minimum requirement to set the record was 60 strikes. Ahmad used his right leg to strikes knees on a pad that was held at his neck level and achieved 79 strikes.
- Most Side Kicks in 1 minute with 187 strikes
- Longest Time to hold the martial arts side kick with 51 seconds
- Fastest Time to strike 100 punches with 7.62 secs
- Most Martial Arts Punches In One Minute While Wearing 1.5-Pound Weights On Each Hand with 476 punches
- Most Double Push-Up Burpees In One Minute with 18 reps
- Most Pop ups in 1 minute with 37 reps
- Most Martial Arts punches in 10 secs using one hand with 66 punches
- Most full contact punches in 2 mins with 1204 strikes
- Most strict sits ups in 1 min with 10 kg weight on chest with 39 reps
- Most Martial Arts short Side Kicks in 1 min with 265 strikes
- Most knee strikes in 30 seconds using both legs with 71
- Most Martial Arts Face kicks in 30 secs with 114 strikes
- Most martial arts punches in 15 secs with 190 punches
- Most Martial Arts kicks in 5 mins with 1065 strikes
- Most Martial arts kicks in one minute with 410 strikes
- Most Martial Arts kicks in one hour with 6370 strikes(2012)
- Most Martial Arts Kicks in 1 min with 225 kicks(2011)
- Most Martial Arts Kicks in three mins with 765 strikes(July 2013)
- Longest Time to hold a chinese static push up hold with 6 mins 31 secs(2013)
- Most Martial arts Kicks in 30 seconds with 171 strikes
- Longest time to hold the martial arts front kick position
- Most Martial Arts front kicks in one minute with 120 strikes